Thursday, June 2, 2016

the first days of june

 I think summer has hit Tennessee!  I'm not sure I'm ready.  If you know me, you know I have never loved the heat.  It hasn't been unbearable or anything yet, but I can feel it coming.  I keep reminding myself I survived last summer so I will survive again!  Truthfully, there were only one or two weeks total last summer I thought I might actually die, and the tradeoff for an unbelievable fall, spring, and winter are worth it.  We went to the lake in the morning and when we came home there was a turtle in our yard!  Because of all of the lakes and creeks it is not uncommon to see them wandering around, but to find
 one in our yard was a special treat!  Jeff adores turtles and the girls definitely take after their dad!  They had a blast with this little guy and would have been pleased as punch to have been able to call it their own!
 The house is looking amazing.  Countertops arrived today, but last night the girls had us laughing hysterically when they pulled this little stunt.  We kept telling them it was like whack a mole and we were going to get our mallets because they kept popping up and down.  Funny, funny little girls.
Heidi has been asking for a haircut for awhile, but with her dance recital, I wanted it long so I could get it into a bun more easily.  Today we chopped it for summer.  It looks so cute and I thought she was going to go shorter, but I'm happy with the safe length she settled on.  She has been brushing her hair about every ten minutes since getting home.  She is so grown up these days.  Her top teeth are staring to wiggle and then she really will have a different look.  Heidi takes after her mama and absolutely cannot tolerate the heat. It is actually pretty funny.  Now that she has a cooler hair do I guess we can bring on summer!

No comments: