Saturday, May 28, 2016

a random picture and a funny memory

 Our builder snapped this picture of our kitchen the other day and I thought it captured the beauty of the space really well.  I love the wood floors we chose and I could not love the coffered ceiling more!  Cabinets went in this week, floors should be done soon, and counter tops come Thursday.  Seeing the beautiful details come together makes us want to move in more and more.  It's funny because Heidi now begs to go see the house and she and Savanna constantly ask when we can move in and are often impatient and say things like, "It's not ever going to be done!"  Which I assure you, did not come from us because we have been so overly patient and not in a hurry at all this time around!!  The thought of moving again is overwhelming, but now that the house is getting closer, the excitement is finally starting to kick in!
So the other day I heard Savanna's door open when she woke up from her nap.  I didn't hear anything for a minute and then I heard this strange scraping sound.  I went around the corner and there she was with a huge grin on her face scooting across the floor on these little bowls.  She looked at me and with the most proud look on her face said, "Look!  I'm ice skating!"  It was hilarious.  For the next few hours she and Heidi got a roll of thread and started trying to tie the bowls onto their feet.  It was so entertaining.  Oh how I love these funny moments!

No comments: