Tuesday, June 28, 2016

swimming lessons

I finally found a swim class that I could get the girls into this summer.  Of course it fell the same week we are moving, but hey, they need lessons.  I was so nervous about how the lesson would go.  It's every morning for one week. The girls are both a little hesitant about water, Heidi always has been and Savanna plays off of Heidi's water anxiety.  I was planning for the absolute worst but hoping for the best.  Savanna doesn't do well with going to class type situations but I figured since they could be in the same class it would be a higher chance she would cooperate and at least get over to the teacher.

 I was so proud of the girls!  Savanna was so cooperative and was even the first to volunteer to do some of the activities!  Neither one of them liked the going under the water part, but it will take time and practice to be comfortable with that feeling.  They woke up really happy to go again so that is a good sign!  Both of them did mention this morning that they didn't want to go under water and Savanna said she didn't want to go because she didn't want to jump in, so again, I am just hoping and praying for the best!  The teacher is really good and very encouraging.  I hope the remainder of the week goes smoothly and that by the end they feel more comfortable with the idea of swimming because let's be honest, it gets hot enough here we need to be able to spend summer in the pool!



No comments: