Saturday, April 2, 2016

spring rocks

 It has been a long time since we have lived anywhere with an actual spring.  I mean like days and weeks and months of spring weather.  It feels heavenly.  We are loving watching the earth turn bright green again and watching flowers and blossoms in full bloom.  We have been blessed to be experiencing this beauty for about a month now and it just does not get old.  We are typically in the 60s and 70s with an occasional rainfall.  I feel like I am in a dream sometimes and the girls have been so very happy.  We have to suffer through about 6 weeks of heat and humidity in the summer, but having mild temperatures for the rest of the year is definitely worth the trade.  Plus, surprisingly, we are actually looking forward to some of the summer fun here and can't wait for the fireflies to return!  For now we will just take this spring weather as long as we are lucky enough to have it!!
 We spend almost all day outside.  The girls got some sidewalk chalk in their Easter baskets and they have been busy, busy, busy!!  I can't hardly get Heidi to come in to eat.  She has become such a little artist lately and I have been loving the things she creates.  I think she has a little artistic ability that comes from her Grandma McLean.  I love this little family she drew!  She wrote everyone's names all by herself and spelled them all correctly!  I was shocked!  My favorite person she drew is the yellow Savanna. She explained that she used yellow
 because it's Savanna's favorite color and I LOVE her interpretation of curly hair!
 Jeff has had to mow the lawn a few times and the girls love to help.  Caimbree especially cannot get enough.  She absolutely loves her daddy and being outside on a machine is her idea of the best day ever.  She is going to be Jeff's little four wheeling buddy and Jeff loves it.
 This is an absolutely horrible picture
of the house, but it shows that the outside is almost complete.  I am now eating crow about saying I wasn't sure about the stone because now that it is finished, I absolutely LOVE it and I am so glad we got this stone.  It compliments the siding perfectly and we all get excited every time we see it.  Trim work is well under way and we are beyond excited to see the details taking shape.  I can't wait to spend the end of spring and start of summer in this house!

No comments: