Saturday, April 9, 2016

trim work

 Trim work is well underway and I finally brought the actual camera to the house to try to get better pictures of the exterior.  These are better than the last one I posted, but still don't do the house/colors justice.  I am beginning to realize you kind of need to see it in person to get the true color, but this is at least kind of close.

 The trim has been coming along slowly, but nicely and we are enjoying seeing the details.  We are especially glad the stairs are up and the girls can get up and down much more safely/easily.
 I decided to go with a craftsman style and so far I am thrilled with it.  I love how it's simple but classy.  I can't wait to see it finished and especially once it is all painted.  I am especially loving our master bathroom.  I love the tile and the way I had them lay it.  I also love the window seat.  We decided to cut the tub and I am really glad we did.  We already have a tub on the lower level and honestly, I can't remember the last time I took a bath.  It's just a dust collector for me.  Should I decide I want to take a bath, I can easily take one in the guest bath and it saved quite a bit of money.  The girls love the window seat and I love the hidden storage it provides.

 Heidi was so cute, when she saw me with the camera she would quickly get in the shot and pose.  I love that girl so much.  She really is such a beautiful little girl inside and out.  She plays so well with every single kid who has ever crossed her path.  Everyone wants to be her friend at school and church.  She is so smart.  On her final assessment for school she was far ahead of where they expect at this point.  Her memory is incredible.  And oh what an incredible big sister she is.  She is so good about watching where Caimbree is when we are at the house and makes sure she is safe away from the stairs.  I can't believe how grown up she seems lately.

The girls love, love, love going to their rooms upstairs.  They are so excited with the moulding in their rooms, their closet shelves, and their doors.  I'm crazy about the doors too.  I switched doors at the last minute and I am thrilled I did because I am totally digging the way they look.

 Heidi picked bead board in her room and Savanna is getting board and bat.  Heidi is going nuts waiting for her paint.  I absolutely love their excitement over each step.

The closet shelving looks great and the girls love hiding in the closets.  They have also been leveling the lot and getting it ready for seed and straw.  Jeff is thrilled about not having to install a sprinkler system here and the girls are plotting where to put the trampoline.  Apparently the builder has been getting calls asking if our house is for sale.  Haha...let's hope it's not for sale for a  really, really, really long time.  We love going to the house and are getting antsy to be in the house every single day!


No comments: