Saturday, April 23, 2016

maybe it was memphis

 Maybe it was Memphis...Maybe it was southern summer nights...maybe it was you, maybe it was me, but it sure felt right.

I've had that song stuck in my head all day and have been driving Jeff a little batty by singing it to him repeatedly since we spent the day in Memphis!  I'm so funny haha.

So I am high maintenance apparently.  I don't try to be.  It's just that I really, really wanted an apron front farmhouse sink.  In the worst way.  Then Jeff tried to make me practical and talked me out of it.  But when they started doing the cabinets, I asked if it was too late to change.  Jeff looked at me very shocked.  It just kind of popped out of my mouth.  I guess deep down it was more important to me than I thought.  I really have tried to be practical.  Well, it wasn't too late, and Jeff being the kind person he is, let me switch.  The only problem was that as luck would have it, Kohler is on strike.  The sinks are nearly impossible to get now but there was ONE left in Memphis. It would cost $125 to ship it.  The builder would have arranged for someone to pick it up, but we decided we would just go get it and make a little adventure out of it.

 We had an awesome day!!  I have decided that Memphis is a bit on the seedy side and there were parts where I made sure the doors were locked about 3 times, but we got to the zoo and had a great day!  It's a really fun zoo and bigger than the Nashville Zoo.  The girls were in stellar moods and were just so cute and excited about everything.  They especially liked the Panda Bears.  We just checked a book out all about sea otters at the library and they were very excited to see a few of those as well.  Savanna was giggling with delight watching the seals swim under the water.  It really was a wonderful day.  The girls were troopers in the car and everything went smoothly.  The only downfall is that I have been having quite a bit of trouble with my back...I think we need a new mattress in the worst way.  Caimb had a really rough night for some reason and I finally just stuck her in bed with us around 3 AM.  I'm thinking that sleeping funny with her in bed and then a 3 hour car ride really did my lower back in.  I can barely move right now and I am hoping and praying it will relax by tomorrow as it is my turn for sharing time.
We had such a fun time in Memphis!  We probably won't go back anytime soon since it's not super close, but it was on our bucket list of things to do while we are here and we are glad we had an excuse to go...and I'm sure the farmhouse sink is going to be so beautiful that Jeff will be thanking me for making sure we had it...haha elbow, elbow, wink, wink, nudge, nudge.  Love you, Jeffrey!

No comments: