Saturday, April 16, 2016

barn doors and other details

 I am getting so very excited to see the details of the trim work coming together!!  We are at a very exciting phase of construction right now!  Trim work should be wrapping up this week and I am dying to see how the coffered ceiling in the kitchen turns out!
 On Friday the barn doors were completed and I could not be happier.  Of course we still need to stain everything, but I can't stop looking at them.  I could not find the doors I was envisioning so our builder had the trim guys build my vision.  Have I mentioned how happy we are with our builder??  They look so good and we are so very pleased!






















They also put the fireplace mantel up.  This is the rustic look I wanted in our other house but wasn't able to do because of they put in the fireplace.  Needless to say I am thrilled!  I am not sure when the stone will go up, but I need to figure out what stain to use on the mantel.  The mantel even has an electrical outlet built in to plug in Christmas lights if needed.

The banister is now complete as well and we so happy!  It is very similar to the last banister we had, except that the wood balusters are white to go with the trim we will be using.  The wood parts have not been stained yet.  Everyone has been going nuts over how much they love it and we of course love it too...especially the fact that it makes going up and down those stairs so much safer for the girls!

No comments: