Saturday, April 9, 2016

let's go fly a kite

 We were planning on doing a few hikes in Cookeville this weekend but the hotels were completely booked and the weather looked a little chillier than we anticipated.  Jeff had a great idea to go get a kite.  Oh my goodness.  It really was a great idea.  We don't get a lot of wind here and this weekend was a little windy so we made the most of it with this little Frozen kite.  It was really more breezy so the girls had to work to get it up high.  We have a huge yard and the girls took tuns running the length of the yard over and over again.
 They got a great workout!
 Heidi was able to get it high enough that it landed on the roof.  Savanna was a pro from her first run and it was so cute because whichever of the girls were the bystanders would squeal and giggle with delight watching the kite fly.  Watching their joy made my mama heart so incredibly happy.  Even little Caimbree took off with it and when she was done Heidi and Savanna huddled around her to hug her, give her five, and tell her what a great job she did.  So precious.

 I asked Jeff if he ever envisioned his life flying a Disney Princess kite.  He is the best dad ever.  I hope my girls will always realize how amazing he is and how much they lucked out in the dad department.  He is so involved in every single aspect of their life and absolutely LOVES to play with them.














After we were done with kites we had lunch and took naps.  When the girls woke up we went and ran at the lake and stopped by the house to measure a few things.  It was a great day.  The absolute stunning beauty around makes being outside even more amazing.  We have been here almost a year and it just does not get old.  I wondered if it would become so familiar that I wouldn't notice anymore like I did when we first came.  Thankfully, my breath is still taken away on a  regular basis.
Tennessee has completely stolen my heart and I feel so incredibly happy and content to be here raising our girls.


No comments: