Friday, November 30, 2018

give n gobble 2018


 Have I mentioned just how much we adore our town?  There are so many times I am just overcome with gratitude that we ended up in such a beautiful and wonderful place.  One of our favorite, favorite things is to participate in the annual Give 'n Gobble 5k.  It is so fun to get out and do on Thanksgiving morning and so fun to see so many people supporting a great cause!  The race raises money for the local Help Center and it always ends up being a fantastic turn out and great fundraiser!  This year they raised over $32,000!  Amazing!  The Help Center does so much good for our community!

This year was extra fun because the girl's cousin, Ginny, was in town to run the turkey race with them!  This is Heidi's last year to participate in the turkey chase and that makes me pretty sad.  So this was the last year they all ran together. 

Heidi has gotten more interested in running and since running the mile last year, she wanted to do it again.  She really wanted Jeff to do it with her.  Jeff wanted to do the 5k really badly, but he wasn't about to miss out on an opportunity to do a race with Heidi.  She ran the mile in 9:02!  She was so proud of herself and we were so proud of her too. 

Since the mile and 5k start at the same time, I ran the 5k.  I did it in 30:40 and while that will never be a good time to anyone in Jeff's family, I am proud of myself.  That's under a 10 min mile and I cut a few minutes off from the last time I ran it.  I got 8th in my age group out of 101 people.  Hopefully next year I can get in under 30 minutes!  I love being active and I love spending time doing active things together.  I hope the Give n Gobble is always a race the girls remember doing together! 







No comments: