Thursday, May 12, 2016

hanging with my littles

Am I the only one who has a hard time watching their kids grow up?  It's a really big struggle for me.  I cry about it probably about it more than I should and stress about what the future picture of our family will look like without babies and toddlers.  The rational side of me realizes this is a natural and inevitable part of life.  The thing is, I have always loved babies and toddlers...a lot.  There are days I am super tired and other days that are filled with messes and tantrums and I am counting down the minutes until bedtime.  But most days, are so great and I absolutely appreciate and adore every minute I have hanging out with these funny little girls.  One day I am going to miss how they all fight over who gets to sit next to me and who will be on my lap.  It's going way, way, way too fast.

Lately they have all been into these dress up shoes they found in their closet.  Caimbree and Savanna are often fighting over them, but when Savanna does get them, she clicks proudly around and tells me she is taller.  She is so happy when they are on her feet.  The constant clicking makes my head pound sometimes, but I absolutely love hearing them click around the house.

Caimbree has been working on her smile haha.  This girl.  Such a little ham.  She is now masterful at throwing the biggest tantrum you could imagine over things we do not understand and sometimes we just have to laugh about it.  She is a complete joy, tantrums and all!

When Heidi is at school I love having the extra time to devote to my littlest, who we refer to as the littles.  However, I am dreading, dreading, dreading Heidi being gone all day every day.  It's going to be a really hard adjustment for all of us.

No comments: