Monday, May 9, 2016

mother's day 2016

 We had a great Mother's Day!  I love Mother's Day, especially now with sweet little ones of my own.  I love having an entire day to reflect on all of the mothers I know and to think about all the reasons I feel so happy to be a mother myself and to think of all the people who have a motherly influence on my girls.  Women are amazing!
 This year was especially fun because Heidi brought home some super cute gifts from school.  Jeff and I both loved her answers.  I especially like that my job is to stay home and that while her favorite thing to do with me is bake, apparently the best thing I make are chicken patties!  You know, that once a month I pull out chicken patties and stick them in the oven must make a lasting impression haha!  So adorable.  Her school and teachers have been amazing.  We could not have asked for a better experience for her and I am so very grateful they went the extra mile to make such cute and memorable things for the mamas.


My favorite part of the day may have been seeing Jeff sporting this gem of a tie.  Heidi also brought home Father's Day presents and could absolutely not wait until June for him to see her gifts.  She was beyond thrilled to tell him that he could actually wear this tie.  How could he turn her excitement and sweet face down?!  It put the hugest smile on my face every time I saw him in the halls at church.  Best dad ever.

Happy Mother's Day to all the amazing women in this world who give so much love and make so much difference in the lives of so many!  I feel like the luckiest woman alive to have been blessed with these three little girls.  Being a mom is the hardest and most beautiful job and I feel so grateful for the love, forgiveness, and grace they offer me every day.  They have my whole heart and I hope and pray to be a better mother and person and more deserving of their love.  I am truly, truly blessed.

No comments: