Thursday, May 11, 2017

saying goodnight to caimbree

This girl.  I can't believe she is almost three.  She has been in a crib longer than the other two because there is no one  else who needs it, and because, well, she's my baby and I haven't been able to bring myself to put her in a bed yet.  Caimbree is shy, observant, smart, tender, and hilarious.  The other day I picked up some Tums.  She said, "Oh.  That's for my daddy when his heart is burning."  Apparently Jeff  must have had some and explained to her that it was for heartburn.

Ever since Caimbree was tiny and started talking she would say, "Rock me mama" at bedtime.  Of course I'm not going to turn that down and I intend to rock this little girl for as long as she will let me.  Sometimes if we time before bed we read a story and then I rock to her and sing her a few songs.  She is so snuggly and loves to be held and rocked.  She probably likes sleep more than any of my kids and is a later riser.  I would say she likes to stay up later and sleep later than my other two early birds.  She has nightmares from time to time, but other than that, she sleeps well and likes her nap and bed.  She is the only child I have that can fall asleep in the car and then I can move her to her bed and she stays asleep.  I was always amazed that some kids could be like that because I certainly never one!  The other two are such light sleepers and the second the car stops, they are awake for good.  I am so grateful for Caimbree's easy going, non demanding, sweet personality.  I cannot imagine a life without this little angel baby.

No comments: