Sunday, August 21, 2016

heidi at 6


 This little 6 year old is such a treat!  She is so beautiful inside and out and was more than willing to do an impromptu photoshoot this morning!  Thankfully she is at an age where she actually not only enjoys having her picture taken, but she likes to come up with poses on her own!  There are just so many things we love about Heidi!

*Heidi is such a great big sister.  She keeps her sisters happy and entertained and they both idolize her.  She loves to be in charge and make the rules and they are *generally* happy to follow whatever she has in mind.

*Heidi loves structured activities...dance, school, church, soccer.  She loves her teachers and she loves to follow rules.

*Heidi has an unbelievable memory and attention span.  She amazes me with things she remembers and how quickly she picks things up.  She not only remembers everyone's name in her class, but she has already somehow learned everyone's name in Savanna's class!  I
often count on her to remember things for me!

*Heidi makes friends very easily.  She is super sweet and she also is very good at entertaining other kids so kids are naturally drawn to her.  Smaller kids especially latch onto her and she loves to mother them.

*Heidi is so crafty.  Lately she has started drawing and I am shocked at what she creates.  She got a fashion design kit where she traces and creates outfits for her birthday and she has been glued to that and her bead kit!

*Heidi is my least picky eater.  She enjoys vegetables and especially likes meat.

*Heidi loves to learn.  She absolutely loves to read.  She loves non fiction books lately, but there is nothing more she loves than to lay with me and read chapter books.  She tells me I know the best books and I do my best to read to her every chance we get!  It has been tricky since school started, but we are trying to work with the little time we have together.   It's my favorite time with her.

*She loves to help me cook and has recently showed interest in doing a lot of the meal prep on her own.

*She is still a pretty cautious little girl. We have to really encourage her to try to ride her bike faster and be more aggressive when she is playing sports.

*Heidi loves clothes and fashion.  She likes her hair a certain way and wants to pick out her own clothes.  She loves shopping and looking for clothes.  She loves to have her nails painted and insists on her hair being done the second she is dressed.  She is very girly.

*When Heidi is with her friends and she thinks they are funny, we all know because she is usually laughing the absolute loudest.  She is really into jokes and is often exchanging jokes with her friends.






*When Heidi is in structured environments or when adults talk to her, I describe her as being very stoic.  I think it's because she's a little shy.  She isn't super exciteable and gets a little nervous I think.

*I never, ever worry about Heidi misbehaving anywhere she goes without me.  She loves to be the good example and she loves to follow rules and make her teachers happy.

*Lately she has become very interested in math and numbers.  She loves when we give her math problems to solve...the bigger the number, the better.

*Her favorite color was always blue, but it has now become turquoise and anything with sparkles! If given a choice between blue or pink, she will go for pink.  It surprised me the first time she did this!

*Heidi is still a mama's girl.  She adores Jeff and loves to hang out with him, but she is very uncomfortable if I'm not around.  She gets really upset if I ever have to leave.
 *As much as Heidi loves school, she will not tell me much about it.  I think she thinks she has to tell me every single thing that happened and it overwhelms her.  I get little bits and pieces, but I sure wish she would tell me more!

Overall, Heidi is loving, smart, fun, 
creative, responsible, and 
sensitive.  She is such a special girl
and we can't wait to see all of the great things
she will accomplish in her life!

We love you, Heidi!!!



No comments: