Wednesday, August 10, 2016

first day of kindergarten

 Dear Heidi,

You, my love, were made for school.  You love every single thing about it and you could not wait for this day to arrive so you could go every single day.  You are the perfect student and your teachers are so very lucky to have such a responsible, smart, helpful girl in their class...trust me, I know...in case you forgot, I was a teacher before you were born and you were the kind of kid I would have dreamed of having in my class!  You make friends so easily.  It surprised me when I dropped you off and a handful of kids were already saying hello to you and hoping you were going to sit at their table.  You have a way of making everyone's recess the best day of their life with the fun games you come up with and I am so very proud of you because you always make sure to include every person you can think of in your games.  You love to learn and you are so very responsible about everything.  You didn't want to tell me much when you got home, but from I gathered you had a great time making a clown with shapes in art and you knew which kid in your class kept getting in trouble everywhere he went.  A few kids fell asleep during the nap/quiet time, but you told me you just laid their quietly.  I'm sure you did, my little rule follower.  I never worry about you getting in trouble or not listening.  You say you want to be a vet and you are smart enough to do whatever you want, but truthfully, I wouldn't be surprised if you were a teacher one day.  I missed you so much while you were gone.  I shed a few tears every time I walked past your room.  I missed our time together and the day felt long and empty without you here laughing, playing, and reading with me.  I was so happy to see your smile at the end of the day.  Thank you for making me so proud.  I love you so very, very much!

XOXOXO,
Mom


No comments: