Wednesday, August 10, 2016

a very happy birthday

 Today I turned 35. 35...halfway through my 30s.  I feel like I should maybe be wiser by now, make less mistakes, and feel like I sort of have life figured out.  I don't.  I'm a work in progress haha!  Either way, my day was pretty perfect.  I had so many texts, phone calls, and facebook messages.  When I woke up I found little notes hidden all over the house from Jeff with "Riesens" why he loved me.  Now that was a true surprise and the absolute best gift I have ever received.  I was in tears by the time I found the last one (it was an emotional day already with the girls starting school haha).  The girls were so cute and dying to help find them.  Such a fun way to start the morning.  One of my friends dropped off a cheesecake in the morning.  Then another friend took me to lunch.  It was such a treat.  As we were sitting down to dinner the doorbell rang and my sweet friend dropped off the most delicious homemade cheesecake with a card and darling gift.  I couldn't believe it!  I was in tears for the about the fifth time today reading
 her sweet note.  I am trying to figure out how on earth I have been blessed with so many wonderful people in my life.  It definitely makes me want to be a better wife, mother, and friend to be surrounded by such incredible people.  Thank you to everyone who took time out of their day to remember me.  I am so unbelievably blessed with far more than I deserve!

No comments: