Wednesday, August 10, 2016

first day of preschool

 Dear Savanna,

Today was your first day of preschool!  You were so nervous to go, even though you wanted to go in the worst way.  I was so worried about you and doubted myself on whether or not I should put you in this year.  The good news is that you did drop off really well!  Before we went to your school you said, "I guess I will just try it and if I don't like it, you can just cancel it".  I laughed and laughed.  You say the funniest things and I just love the way your mind works. You whimpered a little and told me your tummy was nervous when we got to your classroom.  You were so excited about the fun things at school and the apple juice in your lunch so you decided to stay.  I thought about you the whole time you were gone and Caimbree and I missed you so much.  When I picked you up, you were happy and said you had a fun day.  You didn't tell me much at first, but throughout the day you filled me in on little details.  You couldn't remember anyone's name but you told me you played with everyone.  You said you were trying to share the necklaces with everyone from the make up station and that the castle on the playground was where the girls play.  You got purple playdough and you made an apple with a worm out of your hand print and your thumb was the worm.  I loved hearing you tell me about that and I loved seeing the excitement on your face when you told me about the worm.  Your teachers are so lucky to have such a fun, spunky, HAPPY, precious girl like you in their class.  It's going to be a great year!  When you got home you couldn't wait to play with Caimbree and read her a joke book.  It's hard for me to watch you grow so fast, but I love watching you blossom.  I love you my little Zanny Zoo.  I'm sorry you get nervous about new things...I do too.  We will get through all this nervousness together!

XOXOXOXO,
Mommy


No comments: