Friday, January 22, 2016

what's with all this white stuff?

 I was really hoping I would never see more than a skiff of snow since we moved to the south.  A cold snap came through and with it came a heap of snow.  By heap, I mean between 6-8 inches on top of about 2 inches of ice.  Everything shuts down here in these kind of conditions.  Jeff unfortunately had to go to work, but thankfully made it there and back safely.  The girls wanted to go outside so very badly all day.  Due to their coughs I really didn't think it was a good idea (mostly Savanna is who I was worried about).  Well, when Jeff got home from work the first thing he told the girls to do was get in their snow gear.  I'm such a stuffy pants apparently haha.  Thankfully Savanna only stayed out about 5 minutes and Caimbree maybe 7.  Heidi could have played with her dad all day.  Jeff had Heidi get some cookie sheets and they used them as sleds.  It was a very excited evening and Heidi is already planning what she and her dad will be playing in the morning.  I just wish they were feeling better so we could really make the most of it.  I also wish the house wasn't in the back of my mind!  They are almost done framing, but the roof isn't on so all of the snow and ice is sitting on the sub floor.  The builder ordered special sub floor that isn't supposed to warp, but I am still a little nervous...this is a lot more snow than they have ever had in this area.  These crazy winter storms seem to follow us wherever we go!

No comments: