Tuesday, January 5, 2016

back in a routine

We have been so busy rushing around and doing things for the holidays I feel like I haven't had time to breathe and just enjoy day to day life for awhile.  This week Jeff went back to work and Heidi started dance again and starts school again tomorrow.  I decided to start a new routine of "mom school" in the mornings.  I am trying to work with Savanna on letters and learning to sit and pay attention for at least short periods of time.  They were excited for it today.  We worked on some letters for Savanna and colors for Caimbree.  Then we went and spent time jumping on the trampoline counting.  Then we came in and did some science experiments, had lunch, read a bunch of stories, and the little girls took a nap.  It was nice to just enjoy a low key day with the girls.  After naps the girls worked on their chores and helped me get dinner ready.  It really was a nice day and great way to start out the new year.  It was nice to have a break, but I am happy to be back in a routine!


No comments: