Tuesday, January 19, 2016

michael's wedding

My baby brother got married last weekend.  It was a crazy time of year to travel to Idaho, but everything worked out and I am glad I was able to make it.  I am very, very happy for my little brother.  Gabby seems like his perfect match and I am glad they found each other.  I left early Friday morning and headed into a snowstorm.  The snow that day wasn't as bad as I thought it might be and the roads were okay.  My other brothers and I all met at the Salt Lake airport and rented a car to get to Idaho.  We stopped and visited my cousin Kevin and his wife on the way.  I love my cousins so much. That night there was a family dinner and I got to see most of my cousins, aunts, and uncles. I also got to meet Gabby and her family.  The food was great and it was just so much fun to catch up with people I haven't been able to visit with for awhile.

Saturday was the wedding. The weather was horrific and the roads were nasty.  Thankfully we made it to the wedding.  It was a beautiful ceremony and I loved seeing how happy my brother was.  That evening there was a nice dinner with the family from both sides.  We left super early Sunday morning.  My brother Eric and his wife Holly were on the same flight as me heading back to Nashville so that was nice.  I had such a nice time with family but I was excited to get back to the girls.  Savanna had a really high fever and sore throat (I took her to the doctor yesterday and she has strep).  Hopefully she will be on the mend soon.  We are all looking forward to having Michael and Gabby living in Detroit soon so we can hopefully see them a little more often.  The girls can't wait to meet their new aunt!

No comments: