Friday, January 22, 2016

oh january

I've decided January is not my favorite month.  It seems to be the month we get the worst illnesses and the weather isn't usually very great.  This January Savanna seems to be the worst victim.  When I got home she had a fever and was diagnosed with strep. The fever won't go away and her breathing is very fast and she has a really nasty cough, which is just not typical of strep.  I am almost positive she has pneumonia but because of the weather we have been having, I am going to have to wait until Monday to get her checked out.  The doctor called in a different antibiotic when she wasn't responding to the first so I will switch her to that one and see what happens.  Poor little thing.  She is such a sweet little patient and hardly complains, which makes me feel even worse.  
Caimbree has had a little runny nose and cough, but mostly in the morning and no fever.  She has been so funny lately.  For some reason she thinks Savanna's bed is amazing and that it should be hers.  I really think she just wants to sleep in the same room as her sisters in a big girl bed.  She climbs into Savanna's bed every chance she gets and tucks herself in with a big smile on her face.  It is hilarious.  I am praying she doesn't get whatever Savanna is fighting.
Heidi has a cough and runny nose, but only in the morning...I have been wondering if she may even have allergies and not a cold.  It's a mystery, but I am getting really tired of her getting out of bed at 5:30 to blow her nose and cough for 20 minutes!  Today it snowed and she made herself a little desk area by her window where she was playing bank.  It was very cute and the perfect way to spend a day cooped up in the house!

No comments: