Friday, December 5, 2014

warm december days

 I can't believe the weather we are having in December.  I am more than thrilled about it and so are the girls.  We have been going outside quite a bit the last couple of days.  Today we decided to do what we do all summer long--walk to the post office and the library.  It was such a treat. Heidi pulled Savanna in the wagon but of course Savanna only really wants to do what Heidi does so she ended up pulling an empty wagon almost the entire way.  My girls are good little walkers.  It was 46 degrees when we left and almost 50 degrees when we got home.  The sun was so warm and we almost didn't even need coats.  Heidi kept asking if she could take her coat off.  I made them keep them on because I felt really strange about being outside without coats in December.
 When we got home Savanna saw the sidewalk chalk and wanted to do it.  When I told them we could they both looked at me like, "Are you sure?"  I don't think we have ever done sidewalk chalk a few weeks before Christmas!  I am beginning to wonder if we will even have a white Christmas this year, but I guess it only takes one storm.
I am sure we will pay for this nice weather now later...like in May or June.  But for now we will enjoy all these warm December days and get the most out of them.  I am sure they can't last for long!

No comments: