Wednesday, December 24, 2014

'twas the night before christmas

After a month of anticipation, Christmas is tomorrow.  I have just a bit of sadness as another year comes to a close and the excitement that has been building all month is coming to an end.  Next year the girls will just be a little older and I can't help but think about how at the ages they are, we are experiencing some of the best years of our lives.  It's hard to put into words, but I have said it many times before, watching my girls grow up is almost painful for me to watch.  I love their starry eyed wonder and complete innocence.  They are so pure and completely un-jaded from the world.  Anyway, we had a wonderful day today.  My little brother, Michael, came into town.  We got some of the baking ready for tomorrow's breakfast.  The girls helped me get the house clean to my standards and got along like little angels all day long.  After dinner they got to open their Christmas Eve gift, which of course was their pajamas.  Oh my goodness were they thrilled about them matching this year!  My days are so limited with them thinking this is so fun.  They could not wait to jump in the tub and get their
Christmas jammies on.  They cold not have looked more adorable and they were all equally excited to see each other wearing the same set (well, Caimbree may not have really noticed, but Heidi and Savanna sure couldn't get enough).  Savanna kept saying, "Jammies!  Jammies!"  She would point at Caimbree and say, "Maimee!  Jammies!"  Heidi kept saying, "Oh Savanna!  You just look adorable!!"  Heidi was especially excited to have footie pajamas.  She has been begging for some for weeks so these did not disappoint and I'm glad I didn't get the ones I was originally going to get.  The girls went outside and threw their reindeer dust that Heidi's friend brought over.  We then went to go look at Christmas lights, which of course is a highlight the entire month. After that they got hot chocolate while they watched their favorite Christmas movie, The Grinch.  After that we put out treats for Santa along with an absolutely darling picture Heidi had drawn Santa that had Frosty, a Christmas tree, and kids sitting on Santa's lap.  Then the girls cut the stockings off the banister and set them up.  After that, we snuggled up on the couch and read of Christ's birth from the New Testament.  Definitely the best part of the whole night.  As I sat there listening to Jeff read with both of my girls snuggled in my lap and listening to Heidi's excitement as she realized the story her daddy was reading was the story we have
been discussing all month long. We sang Silent Night after which Heidi said, "Let's sing another song about Jesus.  How about Away in a Manger?"  I had tears in my eyes listening to her sweet little voice singing about the Savior.  We knelt in family prayer and tucked our sweet little angels in bed.  I have tears in my eyes as I type this thinking of how blessed I am.  I have the most beautiful little girls who love me unconditionally, in the same way I know my Savior loves me...flaws and all.  I am so grateful for Jesus Christ.  I am so grateful he came to this earth and lived and died for me.  I am so grateful I was blessed to find such a remarkable man to be my husband and enjoy this journey with.  I am so grateful for my girls.  Life is crazy and chaotic and I am sleep deprived, but I could not imagine my life without my hubby and sweet girls .  I can't wait to spend a wonderful day together tomorrow.  Merry, Merry Christmas!

No comments: