Friday, December 19, 2014

six months

 Happy half birthday to our little Caimbree girl!  I can't believe we have already had her half of a year!  She is growing and changing every day.  I set her appointment up for January, but I think she has grown quite a bit and carries the majority of her weight in her cheeks!  We love those cheeks!

*By far my baldest and lightest haired baby.
*I am pretty sure her eyes will stay light colored.  I would be shocked if they went dark but I am not sure if they will end up blue or green.
*Rolls from her back to her tummy the second you lay her down.  Then she gets mad that she's on her tummy after a minute or two.  She has rolled from her tummy to back, but it doesn't happen very often.
*Sucks her thumb or fingers from time to time, but still enjoys her binky.  Of course the only binky she will take is the hospital soothie one.  I have tried just about every other type but she refuses to take them.
*Usually takes a very shot cat nap in the morning and a longer afternoon nap and sometimes another cat nap in the evening.
*She is driving me nuts at night!  Sometimes she will sleep almost the whole night through (only waking around 4 or 5) and other nights (like last night) she is up all night long!  It's nights like last night where I feel like I am going to lose my mind!  I wish I knew what to do but I do think a lot of it is that she is learning to move her body around and gets uncomfortable or just wakes herself up with the movement.  Of course when she has horrible nights, she is a monster all day and refuses to take anything more than a cat nap.  I am praying for a better night tonight.
*By far my loudest baby.  And I mean loud.  That is a big reason I have not yet moved her upstairs.  She is seriously so loud.  I know she will wake the other two up before I can get to her and then I will have 3 up in the night, and I am just not mentally in a state to deal with that right now!  People will come over and when I answer the door they say, "Oh my gosh! Your baby is loud!  I could hear her out on your porch."  Yeah, I know.  Squeals, coos, screams....they all have one volume--LOUD.
*Starting to sit on her own for short periods of time.  I cannot wait for her to master this skill!
*Still prefers to be held most of the day.
*I have a feeling she is going to be a mama's girl since she will be just fine with Jeff or on her own until she sees me or hears my voice and then she falls apart.  For now she doesn't really have any separation anxiety.
*Has made it six months with nothing but breast milk!  I am thrilled about this but we will start some solids after Christmas and I am dying to get her to take a bottle.  She will put a bottle in her mouth and take a sip or two and then refuse to take it.  I need to work with her on it more.  *Absolutely loves to be out and about.
*Does okay in the car for the most part.
*Still absolutely hates having bows on her head.
*Really loves Heidi but is a little nervous when Savanna comes around.  Savanna loves her so much and it is so cute, she just hasn't yet mastered a gentle hug.
*I still think she looks quite a bit like I did as a baby.  She favors Heidi's looks more than Savanna's, but she definitely has her own look.
*Smiles and laughs all the time until you try to take a picture.
*Has her tongue out of her mouth most of the day.
*Starting to grab everything around her.  The girls are learning to pick up their legos and other small things.

 *Likes to play with her feet.
*Likes rattles but always ends up smacking herself in the head and then screaming.
*Loves to get ready for baths because she loves to be nakie.
*Enjoys her bath most of the time unless she is overtired.
*Wears mostly 3-6 month and 6 month clothes.








Overall, Caimbree is a fun little baby!  If she slept better, she would be the perfect baby!  After Christmas we will be starting solid foods and hopefully moving her into her own space, which I am crossing my fingers will help us get her into a schedule!  It has been so hard to figure out a schedule for her but so much of it is because she is the third and she often gets woken up from naps and has to be hauled around places when she would normally be sleeping.  I simply just don't have enough hands or time to focus on just her and her schedule.   Her older sisters just don't seem to enjoy keeping quiet during sleep time and since I refuse to let them watch TV all day, Caimbree will just have to learn to sleep in spite of the noise!  She is growing way too fast, but we are excited for some of the upcoming milestones.

Happy Half Birthday, little sweetie!  We love you more and more every day!




No comments: