Thursday, July 3, 2014

adjusting

 It's been awhile since I have posted...life is definitely crazy with three!  Caimbree is two weeks old today, which seems pretty crazy because two weeks has zipped by.  Actually, to tell you the truth, all of this parenting thing is zipping by.  Fastest years of my life and I am so not enjoying seeing them grow so fast.  I wish I could have just a little longer at each stage.  Heidi and Savanna have been really enjoying their new little sister.  Heidi is the best helper.  She holds Caimbree whenever I need her to, she talks to her when she sees her in the bouncy seat or on the floor, and she gets me anything and everything I need when I can't.  I don't know what I would do without her.  Savanna is enthralled with Caimbree and walks around the house looking for her making kissing noises.  It cracks me up.
 So far Caimbree has been a great baby, but she seems to prefer to catch her z's in the day.  She is definitely loved and gets loads and loads of hugs and kisses and she is totally completely spoiled.  She spends very little time not being held.  At first when I saw Caimbree I didn't think she looked like Heidi or Savanna, but there are times I think I am looking at Heidi as a newborn.  She definitely doesn't look like Savanna as a newborn, but time will tell.
 I was soooo lucky to have Jeff's mom to help out this time.  I was able to heal a million times faster with her here to help keep Heidi and Savanna happy, cook, and clean.  Seriously, I have never been spoiled with so much help and I can't even describe how much of a difference it made.  It was so nice to know the older girls were being loved and cared for, the dishes and laundry were magically done, there was always a delicious meal ready, and I was able to get a nap in everyday. I was able to get off the medicine almost a week earlier than usual.
 The girls loved getting in the sprinkler every day with grandma.  They don't like the water very high and they don't get very wet, but they sure think it's fun.  Savanna is so cute she likes to hold grandma's hand and stick one foot in the water.
 After going in the water for 15 seconds, Heidi would need to lay out on her towel.
 Savanna just wipes her face on her towel.  She can't sit still for long and I have very few pictures of her face because she is constantly moving before the picture snaps!
 When Caimbree was one week old we had her newborn pictures taken.  When my neighbor told me she was moving I had just found out I was pregnant and I bawled.  I was sad to see her go and super sad she wouldn't be around to photograph our new baby.  I was happy I was able to find someone else in town who did newborn pictures and she came to our house, which made it super easy.  I don't have all of them yet, but here is a sneak peak of my favorites.  Caimbree couldn't have been a sweeter, easier baby to work with.
 Life with three is definitely going to be busy and exhausting.  I was able to heal physically faster his time, but I think emotionally it may take a little longer...for totally different reasons than I was anticipating.  Hoping these hormones start leveling out soon.  I am so grateful to my mother in law for dropping everything in her life to come and help me get on my feet!  I would have been lost without her!


No comments: