Saturday, June 21, 2014

Caimbree Rae




Caimbree Rae
6/19/2014
7:55 AM
6 lbs. 13 oz.
18 inches
 I am devastated by the lack of pictures I have from Caimbree's first day!  She did not come when or how we were planning and while we managed to grab most of the essentials, the camera didn't make it into the car.

Caimbree's due date was June 28 and her c-section was scheduled for June 21.  I had been having so many contractions and signs of labor that I was shocked when I went to my 38 week appointment and nothing was happening. It looked like she was going to make it to her scheduled date and I was thrilled.  I mean, how nice to just show up in the scheduled day, prepared
and ready.

Thursday morning at 2AM my water broke...only I wasn't really sure, orI was in denial about it.  I didn't want to wake Jeff up and I really, really didn't want to wake the girls up.  Plus, their suitcases weren't packed. I tried to convince myself that I drank too much water before bed and the baby's head probably just hit my bladder really hard, even though nothing like what I experienced had ever happened in either of my previous pregnancies.  I couldn't sleep and went upstairs to get on the internet an research it a little.  When I got up again, I was pretty sure
Caimbree's gift to the girls...they were quite pleased
 my water had broken but I really did not want to believe it because I so did not want to wake everyone up.  Finally at 2:45 I decided I better tell Jeff.  As I expected, he started freaking out and started telling me to get the girls and get in the car.  I told him to stop panicking because I had only had 2 contractions since my water had broken. I called the doctor on call and he told me it probably had broken and to start heading to the closest hospital.  Much to Jeff's dismay, I jumped in the shower.  Then I went upstairs and packed the girls up and we loaded everybody up in the van.

My biggest fear was that we would get to the hospital and they would tell me I had peed my pants and to go home.  By the time we started driving though the contractions started and continued about 5 minutes apart the entire drive. It didn't take them more than 2 seconds to tell me that my water did break and they were going to start prepping for surgery immediately.   I am just so grateful we made it to Utah to the hospital I was planning on delivering.  My doctor was out of town, but the doctor that delivered Heidi was on call and I really like him so it was fine.  

Little miss Caimbree didn't come when we thought she would, but she sure is a doll!  She has been a dream so far and Heidi and Savanna adore her.  There will be lots of adjusting when we get home, but we are so happy to have her with us.  I feel like our family is complete!  We love you Caimbree Rae!

No comments: