Friday, July 11, 2014

slow down

Every now and then I realize just how quickly time flies and it makes me a little sad.  Especially after just having a baby.  I remember feeling it after Savanna was born and now I am feeling it all over again.  It's worse this time because not only does Caimbree remind me of Heidi as a newborn, but I only have one more year before I send this little beauty off into the world of school...and then time will really fly.  I can't imagine not having my little buddy by my side all day. I hate that kindergarten is full day here.  It's a four day school week so it will be even longer days.  I will miss the carefree days of doing whatever we want.  I will miss having Heidi's help. I will miss hearing her little voice reading books to herself throughout the day.  I will miss being able to randomly leave town on a Tuesday.  I will miss my toddler.  I am excited for her to venture into the world and make friends and gain some independence.  I know she is going to love school and is going to do so well.  It's me that struggles with it.  I guess I better stop worrying about it and enjoying the time we have now.  But seriously, why do they have to grow so dang fast?

No comments: