Saturday, July 5, 2014

fun on the fourth

 We had a fun day celebrating our country yesterday!  The girls were excited to get dressed up for the town parade.  We discovered we didn't have red, white, and blue for Caimbree but she looked cute anyway.
 I was soooo nervous to take Caimbree out. I have never taken any of my babies to public places until they are at least 7 weeks old, but it is going to be a lot more challenging with two other littles who need to be out...especially now that it is nicer weather. Hopefully I don't regret taking her to her first parade at 2 weeks old.
 We kept Caimbree shaded and protected in the baby sling most of the time and luckily no one came over trying to get a peek or anything.
 We assumed the parade started at 10...that seems like a logical time for a parade.  Jeff was freaking out about getting a spot so we left around 9:15.  It seemed unusually empty and we were beginning to wonder if there even was a parade.  Turns out it started at 11.
 So we had a lot of time to wait.  We went for a few walks while we waited.  Caimbree snoozed.
 Heidi and Savanna had a dance party in the street while they waited. It was so fun watching them dance in the street and I am glad I didn't stay home with Caimbree because I would have missed it.
 My favorite picture of the whole day. My heart melts when I see these two holding hands.  Heidi was teaching Savanna all about parades and what to do.
 Jeff told Heidi to wave at the people in the parade so she stood on the line and waved non-stop.  Of course, she is not aggressive at all so when the candy was thrown she pretty much waited for all the kids to get out of the way and by then it was gone. She managed to get a few pieces.  After watching the parade for 10 minutes, Savanna spent her time climbing and pushing the camp chairs around.
 We came home and took naps and then Jeff started his firework show for the girls.  Savanna was done at 8, but Heidi made it to almost 11:00pm.  She was thrilled with all of it and loved picking which fireworks Jeff should light.  She was adorable running around with her sparklers.
 Jeff enjoyed the fireworks more than everyone.  He had taken the girls to choose some shortly after we got home from the hospital.  He took advantage of me not being there to stop him from going overboard.  Oh boy.  At least it's only once a year.
This isn't even half the stash he had.  Heidi had so much fun choosing the next one to go off and Jeff and I both loved watching her little face.  Maybe next year Savanna will want to stay up and watch.  They still have some left so I am sure the will do a few more every night the rest of the week. Our neighbors are going to love us.  Good thing we are quiet 364 days of the year.

We sure love America.  I am so grateful I get to raise my girls in this country.  
Happy Birthday, America!

No comments: