Friday, July 11, 2014

our little caimbree rae

 I got the CD of Caimbree's pictures yesterday so I thought I would post some more.  There were 77 pictures on the CD so it was hard to choose which ones to post, but here are a whole bunch.
 Caimbree's name is pronounced Came-bree....not Cam-bree...hence the AI. Jeff and I thought it was a pretty name and didn't think it was a made up name or anything weird, but apparently it is to some people.  I don't regret naming her Caimbree at all and I am glad we didn't let anyone sway us.  We still think it's a beautiful name and hope she will love it as much as we do.
 Coming up with a middle name was hard.  We didn't want her name to be too long and we didn't want her to have to pronounce her first, middle, and last name.  We like having family names as part of our kid's names and we looked at the family history books but nothing felt right. The name Elizabeth was in the family but I didn't want people to think we named her after me, especially since my name isn't Elizabeth.  We liked the sound of it but it was long.
 With Heidi and Savanna we can tell them stories about the people they were named after and we didn't personally know any of the Elizabeths.  Anyway, about a week or so before Caimbree was born, I asked Jeff about the name Rae.  It was my great grandma's name and I was really close to her.  We wrote letters back and forth to each other all through my high school and college years.  When I first started dating Jeff she started not feeling well and we went up to visit her.  I was glad she met Jeff before she passed away.
 When I suggested Caimbree Rae, Jeff really liked it and the more I thought about it, the more I loved how it sounded.  It seemed perfect and I couldn't figure out why we didn't think of it sooner.  I love that it's easy to say and it's short to balance out her first name.  I am excited to tell her all about the woman she was named after.  I have no doubt she knew my grandma Rae before she came to earth.
 So there's a super long explanation of her name that we love and think fits her perfectly.
 I wish we could have gotten some better pictures of all three girls together, but it was Savanna's nap time on top of being at the age where she just doesn't want her picture taken.  We will schedule a time to get some more of all three girls together when it's not nap time.


I love the sweet, sleepy days of newborns and Caimbree couldn't be sweeter.
 So far Caimbree is my sleepiest baby.  I'm not saying she sleeps 6 hour stretches at night or anything, but she definitely sleeps more in a 24 hour period than I remember Heidi or Savanna doing.
 It's hard to believe Caimbree is already 3 weeks old.  At her 2 week appointment she had grown to 20 inches and reached her birth weight of 6 lbs 13 oz.  She is growing perfectly and we are so glad she joined our family!

No comments: