Friday, March 8, 2013

the banister

 Taking pictures of the house is seriously so hard.  Not sure why.  It seems like the light is always off or the color and it is just so hard to portray everything accurately!  Plus, you just can't get the flow of the house in a picture.  Either way, the staircase is a huge part of the house.  Because of the two-story great room it is pretty central.  Sometimes I think about the two-story great room and wonder if we should have done one story just to get a few more rooms upstairs.  But then I look at the staircase and the high ceilings and remind myself that I like the way it is, even if it means kids might have to share rooms down the road.  Deciding what to do for the banister was a challenge. I wanted to be absolutely perfect.  I poured over magazines and finally decided to go with a wood/rod iron mix.  It is so unbelieveably perfect!  It is one of the first things people comment on when they come in the house.  I am so glad I kept searching until I found exactly what I wanted.  The color is the same as the hardwood floors and cabinets.  I wonder if I will ever get tired of looking at the banister.  I hope not.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

That's so pretty! I always worry about designing our own home, that I would hate it. But you did awesome w/that banister!