Wednesday, March 20, 2013

4 month shots and stats

I took this little sweetie in for her shots today.  

11 lb. 2 oz--below 5th percentile
24 inches--25th percentile

I have to say, I was a little shocked on the weight.  She seems so much bigger to me than Heidi was at this age, but they are actually really similar.  They are the exact same height but Savanna weighs 3 oz. more than Heidi did. The doctor suggested I start rice cereal to help with the reflux (which she is still struggling with apparently based on how her throat looked) and to help with the weight.  I am not sure if I am ready to start cereal.  I  don't see why we need to "beef" her up anyway.  I personally think she looks plenty chubby and she's short so doesn't that correspond to the weight anyway?  I am sure I will start sometime soon, but for now I am enjoying nursing her and I am so grateful I seem to have enough milk this time around.  As for her sleeping, it is definitely hit or miss. I won't to go into too much detail, but I think it is a pooping issue.  She only poops every 3 or 4 days (which is apparently completely normal and common for breastfed babies) and when she starts getting gassy, that's when she struggles.  I am not too worried about it though because she has really good habits so when her little issues are resolved, I am sure she will settle in.  She falls asleep easily on her own and in her own bed and when she isn't gassy she takes normal naps and sleeps longer stretches at night.  She will only be this little once, so we will kiss those sweet little cheeks all day...and night!!  We love you sweet little Vanny Vans!

No comments: