Sunday, March 31, 2013

easter fun

 Easter didn't go as planned this year, but we had a great time anyway.  On Friday my cute friend came to visit with her kids and they brought Heidi a bunch of Easter eggs.  They hid them around the house for her to find and patiently played with her over and over and over while I visited with my friend.  Another Easter egg hunt will be happening later this afternoon after naps.
 I think Heidi might like Easter even more than Christmas.  She is at the best age and she 
thinks every single part of Easter is just so fun.  She loved dying her eggs.  
 She really loved making Easter cookies because she loves sprinkles.
She may or may not have used almost the entire bottle of sprinkles.  I love
that Savanna is just watching Heidi.   
Would you like a little cookie with all those sprinkles?
 After an exhausting quick trip, both girls slept like champs Saturday night.  I had to wake Heidi up at 8 (that may seem early to some, but not for my typical 6 am girl).  As soon as I told her the Easter bunny had come she jumped out of bed and said, "That Easter bunny is so nice to bring us stuff!  Where did he go?"  Heidi was thrilled with her new book, pjs, and small lego set, but she was really mostly excited about opening and closing the eggs all morning.
 Savanna slept from 8pm-5am....wow.  I loved our little Easter miracle and she loved her first Easter.  Let's be honest, she is just about the happiest kid no matter what day it is, but I am pretty sure she was excited about getting cereal and binkys.  
After spending a quiet morning together, we headed off to church to celebrate the real reason for the day.  It was lovely.

1 comment:

Dana said...

What a fun day! I love the giant island in your kitchen-- looks like a perfect place for Heidi to help out!