Friday, March 15, 2013

enjoying the sun

 I love these two little girls so much my heart hurts.  I cannot imagine a life without the funny things Heidi says or Savanna's sweet little smiles.  There is nothing I would rather do than spend time with my two little angels and having beautiful weather to play in is definitely a dream!  I love spring and I hope it's here for good!  We have a lot of yard to put in, but we have a lot of playing we need to get in too!  We love being outside and decided to get a double jogging stroller.  Heidi has finally decided she can tolerate the stroller but the built in speakers don't hurt.
When I told Heidi it was nice enough to go to the park
she was so excited.  I went downstairs to get Savanna and by the time I was back upstairs she had taken her pajamas off, picked out clothes, and even started putting them on herself!  I was so proud of her!  She has been really interested in it lately and has had lots of practice lately since she thinks it's so fun to put my clothes on and off.  She took a nap in one of my t-shirts the other day.  So funny.  We walked to the post office and then headed straight to our favorite park--the shady park as Heidi calls it.  The whole time we were there Heidi kept reminding me of all the things she did there last summer.
She of course reminded me of other things too like, "Remember when Sammy was playing in the mud puddle at the bottom of the slide?"  She kept saying, "I love this park!  I just love being here!  I love you mom!"  The park just so happens to be across from the high school and when I watch the high school kids coming and going I tend to get a little choked up while I play with the girls.  Time just goes so fast and I know I am going to blink and they will be there instead of playing at the park.  Maybe I still have post pregnancy hormones?  Anyway, the cutest part was that Heidi wanted Savanna to do everything with her.  Every time Heidi would go down a slide or do anything she would say, "Now, Savanna, this is how you slide down.  Now, Savanna, this is how you climb the tricky ladder."  Precious.  Today was a little breezy but thankfully by 11 it was warm enough to go to a few parks.  We have been eating lunch outside and pretty much staying out as much as possible!  We LOVE this weather!


 In other news, this little sweetie has been sleeping so much better!!  It may be a fluke, but I would like to tell myself she is finally figuring it out!  I stuck to my guns and took the swing away for naps.  For 3 days she struggled to stay asleep for longer than 30 minutes or so and I just kept putting the binky back in or doing anything else I could to keep her in her bed and asleep.  Last night was the first night I put her down and she didn't wake up within 10 minutes. She slept from 8pm-4:30am, ate and went right back to sleep until Heidi woke her up around 7. Then this morning she went right to sleep in her crib for her morning and afternoon naps.  Maybe she is just growing and needs a little extra sleep.  Or more likely since we found a binky she loves and actually keeps in, she is sleeping longer stretches.  I remember Heidi would go through periods where she napped or slept better and I thought she had figured it out only to be disappointed, but having a solid 6 hour stretch of sleep felt like heaven last night!  Here's to hoping the sleeping and more importantly, the weather lasts!

No comments: