Friday, March 22, 2013

entry way/front room


In our old house we really didn't have an entryway.  I love having one now.  I love the distressed hardwood floors.  In our old house we also really had no privacy. There was glass on the front door (Is it called a farm door or something?) and there were times I would literally army crawl on the kitchen floor to see who was there before I answered.  Maybe that's weird?  When Jeff wasn't home I just didn't always want to answer the door and if it was a solicitor I really didn't want to answer the door.  I remember one time I was nursing Heidi and someone walked up and I had to hurry to the other side of the kitchen so they wouldn't see me.  I hated it.  I hated that when someone came to the house they could just look in the whole way across the porch and then again at the door.  I guess  I just like my privacy.  Yes, we had blinds, but I liked having them open so we could have natural light.  When we were picking glass for the two sides of the door, I insisted on complete privacy glass.  


Right off the entryway is the front room.  We debated on how to use this room.  We talked about it being a possible office, dining room, or even bedroom.  In the end, we decided on a front room so the piano would have its own place.  I thought we would use this room when people came over (like home teachers, etc), but the truth is, we generally invite people all the way into the home.  We usually use this room for family night and that's about it.  Not sure it really gets used enough, but I like having a place to watch Heidi in the front yard when she is doing sidewalk chalk and I like having a quiet place for the piano.  I can't wait for the girls to have lessons and have music fill the home.  Since having little ones I hardly find time to play.  Well, let's say it like is: every time I try to play I am joined by a certain someone who likes to flip the pages of music and play herself while slowly pushing me off the bench.  Heidi can be quietly entertaining herself but the second she hears one note she comes racing in to join me.  Don't get me wrong, I love the company and I love her, I just feel like I can barely play anymore it's been so long since I have been able to practice!  


No comments: