Sunday, December 25, 2016

warm december days

 Sometimes summer can be a little much and I get sick of the heat and humidity and bugs.  But truthfully, the winters are more than worth the trade.  I'm not a winter person.  I'm just not.  I'm really more of a fair weather person, but the older I get, the less tolerance I have for frigid weather...especially when it lasts for months on end.  We really enjoy the winters here.  We get some cold days and even snow from time to time, but for the most part, the weather stays warm enough to get outside at least part of the day.  This week has been a dream.  60s and 70s is my perfect climate, and that is exactly what we have had!  We dropped off some Christmas treats to Heidi's primary teacher and then decided to hit a really fun park near her house.  We had so much fun!  We wore the girls out with obstacle courses and we were excited to see Heidi do the monkey bars on her own for the very first time!  She was so proud of herself and we were beaming with pride and excitement for her.  It was a perfect day all around...especially since Daddy was home for his Christmas break!



No comments: