Wednesday, December 28, 2016

enjoying christmas break

 Christmas break is my favorite.  Now that Heidi is in school all day, I love it even more.  We have been having the best two weeks and I am absolutely dreading returning to the grind next Wednesday.  I love seeing the girls have so much time to spend together.  They have been having the best time with each other and I know it's going to be hard to not have as much time to play together.  They get along so much better when they are together more, which is funny because I would think the opposite would happen.  These last two weeks have reminded me of how our days used to me, and man oh man do I miss those days!

The girls got such fun gifts this year.  We try so hard not to go overboard and try to think of things that will be fun beyond Christmas day.  This year the big girls got nightstands and Caimbree got a Dirt Devil. She gravitates to toy vacuums and I decided a real vacuum would be more fun...for her and me haha.  She LOVES it and pulls it out of the closet multiple times a day.  It's a win win!  She loves to chase her sisters around with it while laughing hysterically.  It is absolutely hilarious.
 My best friend in California (Auntie N-Dogg)
 sent the girls gifts that kept them busy for hours...a stencil set, a spirograph, and a book kit where they can write their own hardbound story.  It has been so fun watching them create together!

And the nightstands.  Oh the nightstands.  The absolute perfect gift.  The girls feel so big with their lamps and clocks and the are so cute because they love to snuggle up on their beds and read their new books.  Heidi got a beginning reader book with a CD in it and when she wakes up she gets going reading her books.  She feels and looks so grown up.  I am so proud of how well she is reading and I am also so proud of her for always reading to and including her little sisters in her stories.  I find them snuggled up reading together quite often.  I really have been blessed with the sweetest, kindest little girls.  If only the whole growing up thing would slow down.  My Grandma Heidi always told me this is the very best stage of life and I agree. It's the stage I always dreamed about and it is going way, way, way too quickly!

No comments: