Wednesday, January 28, 2015

back to life

 On Monday we found out the reason no one was really getting better...Jeff, Savanna, and Caimbree all had sinus infections and Caimbree also had a double ear infection.  Poor baby.  Now that they are all on antibiotic the eyes miraculously cleared up and other than Jeff still complaining of a headache, everyone seems to finally be healing (knock on wood).  I really hate flu season, but I am so grateful we are generally healthy.  I am so grateful our bodies and minds work and that we have access to doctors and medicine.  Our medical bills this month are now higher than our house payment, but at least we were able to get everyone feeling better.  Now if can just make it through the rest of the season without anything major...especially RSV.  Having an infant is so stressful this time of year.  Sometimes I wish I had a more laid back personality and that I didn't worry about every little thing that could happen.  I never used to be so worried about illness until I had kids, and I am sure I am not the only mom.  It's so hard to know your babies are sick, but not know how serious it is, if you should take them in, if you should put them on medicine, how to make them feel better, etc.  I really think the hardest part this time was getting so sick myself and then having Jeff down and having absolutely everything fall on my shoulders.
 I am trying to get us back into our normal routine.  After what we have been through, it is really hard because all I hear is how sick the whole town is and how many babies are currently in the hospital with RSV.  We have been cooped up for three straight weeks and I just don't think it's fair to try to keep everybody stuck for the rest of the season so I am trying to relax and not look at every place and everybody as our next potential disease ha ha.  I took Heidi to dance on Monday (there were only 6 girls there since everyone is sick) and she was so very happy to be back.  I started taking her back to preschool too.  Stresses me out to no end, but I know she loves it and needs to get out.  Today is opposite day...the hat is as opposite as we get.  I tried to get her to wear her clothes inside out or backwards but this little one is a little particular and had a bit of a meltdown when it came down to actually wearing her clothes the wrong way.  Wish I could get my little Heidi to relax, but I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.  Maybe I can convince her to wear her boots on the wrong feet.  Either way, she is so excited to go again and can't wait for all the fun opposite day is sure to bring.
I hate that Savanna is on an antibiotic again.  I worry so much about her since there is only one she is not allergic to.  Luckily she hasn't been on one for about 3.5 months and hopefully she won't need it again for a long time.  So nice to see her little eyes all cleared up and boy is she thrilled not to have to have eye drops anymore.  The bunny she is holding is her new friend.  We asked her what its name is and she said "Bob."  (Her new favorite book is 15 Animals where every animal is named Bob).  Well, Heidi just couldn't believe she would even think of naming the rabbit Bob. Heidi convinced her to name it "Princess" but that has become "Princess Bob".  It cracks me up.  When I ask her what her bunny's name is she says, "Bob Princess.  Princess Bob."  Oh my goodness she is funny.  She has been into absolutely everything the last little bit, but she sure is full of personality.

We are so grateful to be up and moving again.  We are so grateful that we typically have such good health.  We are blessed to have so many people calling, sending nice texts and messages, and trying to help us as we heal.  I feel overwhelmed by the kindness shown to our family these last few weeks.  Can't wait to be on the giving end.

No comments: