Saturday, February 25, 2017

saying goodnight to savanna


Catching her kiss
 Bedtime is one of the rituals I will really miss as my babies grow and don't want to be sung to and read to and kissed goodnight anymore.  Savanna hasn't always been easy to put to bed.  She used to throw fits about the order her songs had to be in.  Sometimes she just wanted me to stay in her room forever, but yet, she didn't really want me there and the more tired she was, the more difficult she became.  Now mind you, she never got out of  bed or anything and really, it's not like it was awful, but she was definitely particular about the order of how things had to be done and how she needed to be tucked in and where her animals should be sleeping.  All 3 girls will only settle for me putting them to bed (unless I am not here for bedtime), but they want Jeff to give them a hug, a butterfly kiss, an eskimo kiss, and a regular kiss.

Savanna has gotten a lot more laid back about bedtime lately and lets me sing whatever I want to sing and doesn't insist on 32 songs each night.  Sometimes she likes me to tickle her back, but
 my favorite part of her bedtime ritual is that after I give her all of her hugs and kisses and tell her I love her 3 million times (because you can never say that enough in my book), she wants me to blow her a kiss.  She then catches it and you can hear her smack it on her face in the dark.  She will then blow me a kiss and she makes sure she can hear me smack it on my face or she won't let me close the door until another one is sent.  When I drop her off at preschool, I always look at her one last time in her seat before I leave and blow her a kiss and she does the same thing (Smacks her hand on her head to catch the kiss).  It melts my heart and makes me laugh every.single.time.  She often gets phrases and words mixed up and when she means to say she likes something very much, she says, "too much" so before I shut the door,  every single night the last thing I hear her say is, "I love you too much mom."  I love you too much, too my sweet, tender little Zanny Zoo.  You are so, so beautiful inside and out.  You have always, always had the biggest heart of gold.  You love everyone so fiercely and you are so
incredibly innocent.  I love you so much my heart could burst...I love you "too much", Savanna Marie.

No comments: