Saturday, February 25, 2017

bath time shenanigans

 You know, I really love this phase.  I have no doubt whatsoever, that this is the phase of life I will always look back on as my favorite.  My grandma and I used to talk about this phase of life and she told me how it was her favorite and how she knew it would be mine too.  The girls are at such fun ages.  Everything is funny and fun and exciting.  They are so innocent and trusting.  They love themselves and they love everyone in their lives.  They still fight over who gets to sit on my lap and hold my hand. They absolutely love me to read to them and they soak up every single new thing they are learning.  They love me in spite of all the things I am no doubt doing wrong even though one day they will probably let me know how much I ruined their life.  But right now, in this moment, they love me for me and they know they are my whole world and they quickly forgive all the things I am messing up.   They squabble with each other, but the love they have for each other is so amazing and I hope more than anything else, that as they grow, they will appreciate the things that make them different
from each other, and have the best relationships ever because having your siblings as your best friends is the best gift they could ever have!

Anyway, I got totally sidetracked from this post.  Earlier this week Savanna thought it would be hilarious to hide in the laundry hamper  when it was time for bath.  I knew she was in the bathroom because I could hear her giggling.  I assumed she was hiding behind the door.  I laughed my had off when she popped up out of the laundry basket!  Of course Caimbree then had to try it out and they laughed and laughed until they finally got in the tub!

No comments: