Thursday, August 7, 2014

teething...routine....random thoughts

I'm not going to lie, this week has been a challenge. I'm feeling a little defeated today.  Savanna has been teething for the last three months with molars and canines.  Her teeth take forever and a day to just come in.  I had a doctor tell me there is no such thing as teething.  After going through it twice, I assure you, there is a such thing as teething.  The worst part for Savanna besides being super restless and not sleeping well, is the diaper rash.  Bad.  I mean, bad.  I mean, bleeding bad.  I have tried everything.  Once the tooth is all the way in, the diaper rash disappears. So she has been out of sorts and between the diaper rash and lack of sleep she just has not been her happy little self for awhile.  She is so close to being done.  The last two have poked through (literally a month ago) but they are trying to come down and that's the part that takes forever for her.  It seems like it was horrible with Heidi, but once they poked through she was much better off.

Anyway, last week I had my 6 week check up and the doctor cleared me to start exercising again.  Time to start a routine.  I hit the treadmill Monday fearing how it would go with three little ones.  Monday was great.  Heidi played happily, Caimbree snoozed, and Savanna read and stacked books.  Success!  They made it my pathetic 25 minutes without needing me once.  Tuesday Heidi and Savanna fought for the first 10 minutes then finally tolerated each other until I was done and Caimbree snoozed.  Wednesday...I can't even remember even though it was yesterday so they must have been pretty good.  Today Savanna was up at 5 am screaming so I put her in her bed while I ran and Heidi read.  So overall, I would say this week has been a success so far and the girls really have been good about letting me have a little time to exercise.  I sure wish it didn't take so long to feel like we have a routine, but I'm trying and getting back into it has helped me handle all the screaming this week.

Today when I was done I let Heidi watch Doc McStuffins...why do I feel so guilty if my girls watch TV?  I just do.  I don't like it and I would rather they do something else.  When Savanna got up and saw her she ran in and sat on Heidi's lap.  It was so cute.  Heidi wasn't sure Savanna would fit at first, but then she enjoyed having Savanna there.  I love it when they get along.

In other news, Caimbree is fabulous.  She really is a gem and I can't believe we have been blessed with such a sweet baby.  I still don't know how she is 7 weeks old, because I am quite confident my water broke yesterday. The weeks are just whizzing by.  She is a delightful newborn and I don't like how fast this phase goes....even if it is an unpredictable phase with very little routine.  I feel blessed to have a good baby right now because I don't think I could handle the teething and a screaming newborn at once.  Tender mercies.  At least I have a few months before she starts teething.  I have to say, I am relieved tomorrow is Friday.  I am excited to have another adult in the house and an extra set of hands.


No comments: