Saturday, August 16, 2014

savanna

 I snapped a few pictures of the girls playing at the park last night.  It's hard to get pictures of Savanna because she doesn't hold very still for very long.  I was so glad I got this one of her cute face.

I love this curly headed, blue eyed beauty so much.  Every day I swear her hair gets just a little curlier.  Pictures don't show her curls quite as they really are.  Her hair goes well past her shoulders in the tub, but as it dries it curls up in tight little curls that are well above her shoulders.  I am thinking the curls might be here to stay.

I love that no matter what we ask her, the answer is, "No, no way."

I love that when she hears thunder or other loud noises she will hold onto me.
 I love how much she loves to play with Heidi.  I love how quickly she forgives Heidi when Heidi doesn't want to be patient with a curious little sister.  I love how the second she wakes up she wants to look for Heidi and Caimbree.

I love how tender hearted she is.  I love that when Heidi or Caimbree are upset, she tries to comfort them.  I love that she plays pat-a-cake with Caimbree.  I love how she plays pat-a-cake with her own feet when I am changing her diaper.

I love how she notices everything around her.  I love that she will stop what she's doing when she hears a car horn in the distance and start laughing and pointing in the direction it came from.

I love how she clasps her little hands and closes her eyes when we pray.




I love how strong she is.  I can't believe the things she can climb and I can't believe she hangs from the monkey bars and does pull ups. I love that she is willing to try so many new things.  I love how independent she is, even if it means a few meltdowns when she can't quite do everything Heidi can or everything she wants to do on her own.

I love how she thinks peeking through the banister is the funniest game that was ever invented.

I love how at the mention of the word popsicle or otter pop, she runs to the freezer.

I love how she runs everywhere she goes.  Everywhere.

I love that when I fold laundry, she hands me things and tells me who it belongs to.



I especially love the little twinkle in her eye.  I love seeing her big grin when she sneaks a binky and shows me she was smart enough to figure out how to get it from the middle of the crib. I love how when I tell her to smile she closes her eyes and gives a huge cheeser.   I absolutely love how she is finding so much joy reading with me lately.  She doesn't sit still for long and she isn't a big cuddler so when she snuggles up in my lap and reads with me, I am in heaven.  I love how she gets excited when we read curious George and I love how she plugs her nose when we see the skunk in The Grouchy Ladybug.  

Savanna is so busy and so full of life.  I cannot imagine starting my day without seeing her cute little smile.  I cannot wait for the day she can communicate better and I can hear all the funny things I know she is wanting to say.  I am so grateful she came to our home.


No comments: