Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Letter Lady

One night I was cleaning up dinner and Jeff was giving Heidikins a bath. She was playing with her new birthday bath toys from her cousins and I kept hearing Jeff laughing and saying, "Oh look, you're the letter lady." So I went in to see what was so funny. Jeff had her letters stuck all over her body. This doesn't even come close to justice because by the time I got the camera, half of them had fallen off. I don't know why, but the whole thing was so, and I mean SO funny to me.

As you can see, Heidi very rarely actually sits in the tub. Most of bath time is spent with her standing at the edge while she one by one takes out each and every toy and chucks it over the edge. This is always followed by, "uh oh". If you're ever at our house, you'll probably hear, "uh oh" a million times followed by, "Heidi, that wasn't an 'uh oh', that was an 'on purpose.'"

Heidi is so smart she can spell her first and last name. Okay, so maybe mom has just as much fun with her toys as she does. Is it weird that I already dream about the day I can have her spell words and I already tell her the letter and sound every time she holds a letter up?








Oh and by the way, have I mentioned how much we love, love, love our little Letter Lady?

4 comments:

Fleck Family said...

That is so cute, as always! She will know her letters so soon, and blow everyone away with how smart she is!
I just love your posts, they always put a smile on my face

The Peterson's said...

So cute! We have the same letter for Cairo to play with and I always went over the sounds with him. It must be the teacher in us.

Montgomery Family said...

Love it! Paige learned all of her letters in the bath. Seriously that was the only time we worked on them and she learned them so quickly that way! Same with number and colors. Your letters lady is adorable!

Natalie Kay said...

CUTE! I need more bath toys for Camden. The letters are a great idea!!