Friday, September 30, 2011

Homecoming Parade

Remember a few years ago when I posted about walking in the homecoming parade with my third graders? Well, this is really lame, but they don't have the elementary school kids do that anymore. Like I said, lame. Luckily they still do the parade. I wasn't working today and Jeff was sleeping since he is on graves for the week so I took Heidi to her first parade. I am happy to say that she LOVED it. She will love it even more next year when she can collect the candy. I wanted to take her to the parade in July but it was during nap time. I was so happy this one was in between naps. Her favorite part was most definitely the marching band.

This picture obviously has nothing to do with the post...I was rushing out the door and forgot the camera, but it is the most recent pic I have.

Hopefully by the time she is school they will realize that the elementary school kids should join the parade again because I have a pretty strong feeling Heidi is wants to be part of the excitement!

1 comment:

The Peterson's said...

No kids that is crazy! I remember walking in that parade! I am glad that Heidi loved it!