Saturday, July 30, 2011

Seven Years

Seven years ago, Jeff and I tied the knot! Well, actually our anniversary is tomorrow, July 31, but unfortunately I won't have time to post. I really have a hard time remembering what life was like before Jeff. When I look back at some of these pictures, it is clear it has been awhile! After all these years, Jefferson is still cracking me up. Just tonight he tried to convince me to put an eggplant that we didn't want on someone's doorstep. Don't worry, it didn't happen, but the thought of J ding dong ditching with an eggplant was enough to give me a good, long, laugh.





I made it through Jeff's chemical engineering degree at the U...we all know that was hard because it should have been the Y.

Jeff survived seven years of parent-teacher conferences, late night projects, early morning staff meetings, and endless elementary school teacher stories.

Somehow we managed to survive a hot, humid internship in Texas. We really have some great memories, but it only took one cockroach for me to decide that was probably not going to be our "forever home".

We have been fortunate enough to go on a few fun, memorable vacations and many, many hiking and camping adventures.

It took us a few years to start our family, but we have never been happier than we are now. We wanted Heidi to come to us much sooner than she did, but looking back, I think she came at the absolute perfect time. I wouldn't change a thing.

I love you J-diddy! Thank you for being an amazing husband and father! I can't wait to see what the next seven years will bring!

3 comments:

Megan C. said...

Happy Anniversary! I remember being in the car the first time you two talked on the phone. And coming to your open house in TO. And being neighbors for a couple of months. Miss you!

The Peterson's said...

Yea for 7! You have such a cute family and are such a lucky girl! I wish we lived closer so I could see you every once in a while! Happy Anniversary!

Cheryl said...

Congratulations!

You totally should have left the eggplant. Reading about that reminded me about the cheese slices and then the bottle of mustard I found in Blake's fridge labeled "BS" for Brittany Spears.

Good times.