Thursday, July 28, 2011

Walking?

Every single day I keep thinking Heidi is going to be walking all over the place. She has been balancing and walking 2 or 3 steps at a time for long time. Well, starting Sunday she started really going for it and it was so funny. She would take off in a full run for about 5 or 6 steps and face plant and then start laughing. It was definitely more than the usual few steps and not nearly as cautious. Well, yesterday she walked across her entire bedroom. Now today I can hardly get her to go three steps! Everybody keeps asking if she's walking yet, but I just can't consider what she's done walking...at least not consistently. BUT...the inevitable is definately going to happen. I am excited for her to enjoy the world of walking, but I am so sad at the realization that she is growing up way, way, way too fast. She is at the absolute best stage right now and I just want to hit the pause button. I put a whole bunch of clothes that she outgrew away and it was more emotional than I thought. We waited so long for this little lady to join our family and I hate feeling like it is just flying by. Sometimes I can't believe my heart is capable of loving this much. I cannot imagine how we ever lived a life without her. Stop growing Heids!

1 comment:

The Peterson's said...

They do grow up to fast! But I always loved each stage. And even now I think this is the best. But I also know I will think that about the next one too! She is a cutie!