Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Cousins

My brother, his wife, and their three boys came to visit from Kentucky last week. My brother was only here for a day and a half, but his wife and kids stayed for almost a week and a half. Our house was definitely busier and far louder than it is used to! Thank goodness there are so many awesome parks to keep everyone entertained! Heidi enjoyed meeting her cousins and is especially fond of her cousin Jack. He was sooo sweet with her and she even let him hold her.





This is the only picture I got all week of all the cousins...yes, it was that crazy! Really we just weren't home a whole lot unless someone was taking a nap! Either way, this picture cracks me up because it is so right on. Hugh...the typical two year old who had a tantrum right before this picture was taken and wouldn't sit with the others, Tommy, the almost 8 year old who was in his own little world and would not sit up for a picture, and Jackson, the 6 year old with a heart of gold who was the perfect little helper and always wanting to be with Heidi. When they left Jack was crying because he was going to miss his "best cousin, Heidi". Seeing that tugged at my heart strings to say the least. We had a good time, but I must take my hat off to anyone and everyone with 4 + kids!

2 comments:

The Peterson's said...

Heidi is just a cute little girl! I love that she will not crawl on tile with her bare knees. having 4 kids for a week and a half sound fun but tiring for sure.

McMurtrey said...

Especially those with mostly boys!!