Monday, July 11, 2011

Chatterbox

This little girl has become such a chatterbox lately. I really think she thinks she is having a full conversation. She is starting to make the funniest little consonant blends and she usually raises her eyebrows repeatedly while chattering.
The absolute funniest thing she has started doing is talking Chinese. I know, she is totally gifted. No, but seriously. She does the funniest thing that I am not sure how to explain. I have tried to get it on video to no avail. She started doing it at church and the lady next to me was busting a gut. She starts talking while rolling her tongue all around and of course raising her eyebrows. It sounds so funny. You'll just have take my word for it.
As I have mentioned before, Heidi loves books. The best part is that she is SO careful with them. She will take chapter books off the shelf and just carefully turn the pages. It often looks like she is trying to read them. So far I haven't had to worry about her ripping pages (now magazines are a different story...those pages just start flying out left and right). She especially loves to look through daddy's maps. He has been trying to plan a backpacking trip and she is loving the big map books. It is so funny to watch her carefully turn the pages while babbling up a storm.

3 comments:

Geoff and Bets said...

a little matilda!

Fleck Family said...

So cute! Now to be so careful with a book someone has to have been reading to her alot so she knows that there are adventures to be had in books and they are very precious indeed. :D

Heidi said...

She is way too cute!! I need to meet her! She looks like such a happy thing.