Monday, July 18, 2011

Changes


To the three of you who read my blog: get excited. There will be a post today and another in the very near future because this little lady is turning 11 months old tomorrow.



This picture has nothing to do with the post, but how can a post not have a picture of Heidi? She absolutely loves these little notebooks. She will sit and turn the pages for quite a long time...nice distraction at church.




Anyway, the real reason I am blogging is, as always, to update our "family journal". Next year will be different for our little family. I was given the opportunity to go back to work next year. I applied for a part-time job at the school I taught at last year and was lucky enough to land it without even an interview. It is part-time working in Title I with math. The best part is that it is even less than half time. It is 1/3 time, certified teacher. I am not thrilled about leaving my little "baby" (though clearly she is not much of a baby anymore), but due to the circumstances, it won't be for too many days, or for too long. I don't know all the details yet. The reason I even considered this job was because Jeff and I really feel strongly that we need to pay off our land as soon as we can and this will help make a dent in it. Plus, it will help me keep up my license. The biggest reason of course is that since Jeff is doing shiftwork right now, and since it is only 1/3 time I only need to find a place for Heidi 4-8 times per month and only for 3-4 hours. Oh, and did I mention, it is a ONE-YEAR ONLY position?! How awesome is that? I mean, maybe at the end of the year I will wish it was for another year, but let's be honest, one school year is nothing.


I am thrilled to be in an elementary school again and especially working with math, but I am very, very nervous about leaving my little pal. Oh how I wish I had family here. I know she will have a really hard time at first, but in the long run I think it will be good for her because she is very, very attached to her mama and daddy. So the real question is, does anyone know someone that would like to make some money watching a darling, funny little gal 4-8 times/month, for 3-4 hours?? She loves to give hugs and kisses and she would even sleep for a chunk of that time! Come on...look at that face...but seriously, if you know anyone, give me a shout!

9 comments:

Lindsey said...

You are so cute! I love reading your blog. Wow! Such a hard decision, but sounds like you made the right one. Good luck with the new adventure. You will be awesome, and those kids are so lucky to have you back.

Rachel said...

Congrats on the job, you'll do great! You will probably enjoy that time that you are working and away from home. Especially because it isn't very long.

Oh and I love the dress.... :)

The Peterson's said...

That will be nice for you to have a little teaching time. Good Luck!

Montgomery Family said...

Yay, Beth, I am so glad it worked out. You will love it and it will make you appreciate your time at home so much more. I'm going back to part-time literacy coach next year (after job sharing in 3rd this year). Heidi will love the outside mommy and daddy socialization! And BTW she is SOOOO cute!

Malinda Jane Sieg said...

Oh I wish I lived closer! You wouldn't even have to pay me. I would just be thrilled to have an adorable little girl to dote on. Good luck! That is an exciting opportunity!

Heidi said...

Congratulation!! Of course they gave you the job right off, I would too!! I bet it will be nice to be back with some of the people you missed. I still think of all of you often from teaching. I even had a dream last night with all of you in it!! Miss you!

Dana said...

Congratulations! I totally understand how hard it is to leave your little one. But that's so nice it's only 1/3 time. That's perfect!

Melanie said...

Congratulations on the job! I would be more than happy to watch Heidi for you when the time comes, she is such a doll. Maybe we could trade babysitting, since I just started a new part time job too. I teach Zumba once a week for 1/2 hour. Would you be interested?

The Johnsons said...

Sounds like you have some fun changes coming your way. I wouldn't mind babysitting part-time for you. Carter would like having a friend when the girls go to school. BTW, I'm so sorry I haven't called you in a while. Life has been super busy. We do need to get together one of these days!