Friday, April 18, 2008

Things to laugh about




If my post doesn't make you chuckle, I am hoping these really beautiful pictures will. I am thinking of getting them blown up to about a size 100x300 and hanging them in the front room of our new house. Kidding.

Anyway, so yesterday something really funny happened. On Wed. I went with Jonna and Lindsey to see Heidi B. and her cute new little boy, Lincoln. Well, the tire on my car has been a little shady and J-Diddy (Jefferson) didn't want me to go too far or go over 50mph. (He's a little protective of me I think--50 on the freeway?? Really??) Anyway, so I had the blessed experience of riding trax up to SLC with a bunch of thugs where Jonna picked me up. It was during this experience that I had a newfound appreciation for Jeffrey. Riding public transportation is pretty sketchy especially in the middle of the day. Jeff rides the bus everyday for two reasons although he thinks there is only one:

1. To save miles and gas and
2. His truck might break down (this is the one he does not know about because as we know, his truck is very, shall we say "special"? To him, it's the best truck on the road.

Every morning he faithfully drives his rickety white chevy to the bus stop and catches the fast track bus. Once in Salt Lake, he hops on Trax and heads to the U. This will only be happening 2 more times because on May 2, JEFF GRADUATES!! He can't wait to be done with P.T. (public transportation)

Anywho, so since Jeff was at school and I was up north, we decided that we would meet up once I got back down to SLC so we could run some errands. Well we ran our errands and came home. On Thurs. Jeff didn't have school and I was pretty excited. (There are only so many times you can clean the house). We have had a lot to do getting ready for our big move so we had a bunch of errands to run again. We were in and out of our apt. about 3 times. The fourth time back we pull in the back where our garage is and Jeff goes, "Where's my truck?" My heart started pounding. Well, it only took J-dids about 5 seconds to realize WE NEVER PICKED THE TRUCK UP FROM THE BUS STOP ON WEDNESDAY!! Now, the funniest part of the whole story to me is not so much that we both completely spaced about the truck but that we DROVE PAST THE SPOT AT LEAST 7 TIMES BEFORE NOTICING IT WAS GONE! We are just lucky it was still safe at the bus stop with no ticket and no boot. Oh my. I think we have a little too much on our minds.

This whole situation actually reminds me of another funny story with Jeff's famous truck. One morning when we lived in West Jordan I headed off to work and Jeff had the day off for some reason. He usually parked the truck in front of our house. Well, I noticed it wasn't there. (At least I noticed right away this time). So I panic. Then from the corner of my left eye I see this rusty, old white pickup IN OUR NEIGHBOR'S YARD!!! I didn't know what to do other than laugh. So I called Jeff and said, "Why is your truck in the neighbor's yard?" He of course freaks and all I hear is "What? What?" Then I see Jeff sprinting out of the garage side door in his G's to get his truck. This story is probably funnier if heard in person, but it was probably one of the funniest days of my whole entire life. When I think about it and seeing Jeff sprinting for dear life out of the garage, I still get tears in my eyes laughing so hard. We still have no idea how the truck got in the yard or how it didn't hit anything. It dodged quite a few obstacles including a lightpole and a mailbox. I wish I had taken a picture of it sitting in their yard. I still wonder if the neighbors even knew it had been there. Whenever there is a lull in our conversation, it is not uncommon for me to say, "Hey J--remember when your truck was in the Springstead's yard?" It always brings a laugh.

One more funny story. My family is coming next week for my little brother's graduation from BYU and Jeff's graduation the following week. I am so excited! I can't wait to see my little 4 year old sister. I was talking to her last night and I said, "So are you going to come to school with me and meet my kids?" She then replies, "I reckon." I started laughing. I said, "What does 'I reckon' mean?" She said, "You know, like I suppose or I guess." How does a 4 year old know this???? She is quite the ham. Hopefully some of you will get to meet her.

Oh yeah, and I promise to try to make my next post a lot shorter.

8 comments:

Natalie Kay said...

I can't get over the part about his G's! If I ever saw Davy out of the house with only his garments on I would die! That's funny!

The Hunzikers said...

To be fair....he did pull on some jeans, he just had his garment top on but still!

The Birds said...

Beth you are so funny! Thanks for coming to see me this week! YOu are a true friend when you would ride Trax to see me and leave your car there for days! I love the car in the yard story!

Lindsey said...

You always have the greatest stories. I laughed so hard. I am so glad that I got to see you on Wednesday. Sorry, that since I had to run errands you had to ride tracks with scary people. I feel so bad. At least you got a funny story out of it, right?!

P.S. So far my May is pretty open. I think the only thing planned so far is the Pony Express Party. What would better, a Friday or Saturday night?

McMurtrey said...

That is so funny I laughed so hard!! We are also comming up next week for Brian's brother's grad. and his sister's wedding!! Hope to see you!!

Megan C. said...

I reckon Jefferson looked pretty funny running around in his G's! I am very curious as to how his car made the journey into the other yard!

Carrie and Jeff said...

Love the funny pictures and the hilarious stories.

Cheryl said...

I didn't realize how much I miss your funny stories, but I could just picture you laughing while you told all of this, and I do. And I really needed a laugh today, so thanks!