Monday, April 14, 2008

Spring Break So Far...



So I love spring break, but it always takes me awhile to adjust to not having a regular schedule. I always get nervous the night before (don't ask me why). Jeff must get so tired of hearing me say, "Jeff, I have a pit in my stomach. " Then I get nervous the night before going back. Spring break so far has had some ups and downs already.

On Saturday Jeff and I bought a piano!! Yay! After searching through ads on KSL, ebay, and Craigs list for over 6 months and finding absolutely NOTHING worthwhile, we decided to go into the Piano gallery to price them. They had this killer deal on Yamahas and we ended up deciding to go with it and just have a nice piano that would last us hopefully forever. The best part also is that we don't have to pick it up until the day the movers come. That is much better than storing it in the garage, which we all know is not good for pianos! We have so many things to buy for the house that I am stressing out, but I know it will all work out.

This morning I had good intentions to get up and run early. But after Jeff left at 4:30 I fell back asleep until 7:30. I had a hair appointment at 9 so I decided to just go after. Well, it took the girl 3 1/2 hours to do my hair! I felt like I was going to pass out. Anyway, I can tell a difference because she cut 3 inches off finally, but I'm sure no one else would really notice. I'm betting on Jeff not noticing! :)

I had gone in my workout clothes intending on running after (thinking it would only take an hour or two). So by the time she was done I was starving and lightheaded...but, I had on my workout clothes so I was determined to go! I went to the Provo river trail. I knew it would be warm today but I had left in the morning when it was still chilly. I was wearing capri pants and a long sleeved shirt. I thought if I rolled my sleeves up I would be okay. Wrong! It was soo hot! I was wishing I had on shorts and tank top! Maybe tomorrow. I only made it 2.5 miles. UGH.

So then I got home (it took over 30 min. because traffic in Provo SUCKS!!--one reason to be grateful to move to a small town!) and took a shower, put the laundry in, and ate lunch. Then I decided to check the Wyoming jobs (I do this on a regular basis). They have had a K,1, 3, and 4 position open for awhile. I haven't heard anything and I have had my stuff in forever. Anyway, I was really hoping to get an interview for the 3rd grade spot. Well, when I looked today, they now only have a K,1, and 4! SO FRUSTRATING!!!! I have been so annoyed with the whole process because they seem to talk in circles and it seems that they prefer to hire Wy grads and people they know. So anyway, that puts me at a major disadvatage (obviously). I know it will work out however it's supposed to, but it is a really frustrating position to be in. I really want to teach again because I think I will go absolutely crazy staying home with Jeff gone all day and me not knowing anyone, not to mention I LOVE my job and having a regular schedule! They have been talking about opening one of the previously shut down schools so I am just hoping that is what happens because it would open more jobs. Maybe we'll get lucky and find a way to get a little one here and then I won't have to worry about it, but for the time being it really stresses me out! Maybe I'll be training for a marathon afterall! At least I'll have a piano to keep me busy too. We have been so blessed and I just need to remember that it will work out however it is supposed to work out.

Anyway, sorry for yet another lengthy post. Perhaps I should post smaller ones more often...I'm not sure that anyone can even make it to the end!!

10 comments:

Laura T said...

I love the long posts- your writing is fun to read, so post on! I think getting a piano that'll last is an excellent idea, and that one looks beautiful. Good luck on the Wyoming jobs- and I thought just trying to transfer within the district was frustrating!

Lea Tame said...

That is so awesome you got a piano!!! Maybe if you can't find a job in WY, you should just stay here and go visit Jeff on the weekends... haha just kidding of course

The Peterson's said...

Everything in Wyoming will work out! you will see. I am very glad that you finally found a panio! If you need anything or help with Wyoming stuff let me know!

Lindsey said...

I made it the end of your post easily. Yeah, for a piano. I don't know how to play, but I am glad there are great people like you do. I am so sorry that Wyoming is being stupid. Hang in there. There is no way that they are going to pass you up; you're too good a teacher. Good luck!

P.S. Can't wait to see you tomorrow!

Natalie Kay said...

I went running yesterday... are you proud? My sister and I went to my clubhouse gym, I ran for 20 minutes, did the elipticle (sp?) for 20, and weights for 20. I'm so sore today! I need to lose 10 pounds by the end of school so you'll have to keep me motivated!

Congrats on the piano!

jonna said...

awesome...love that you got a piano. Now you have to move it to wyoming! ha!

that sucks you are going through the job hunting again...it is like the year we got hired...such a horrible time for jobs. good luck...wish i could help!

The Hunzikers said...

No, no, no...see the beauty is, I don't have to move the piano at all! The company is paying for our move, packing everything, and moving us. So that is why we got the piano now..we don't have to move it!! Yay!

JessieC said...

Umm, i can't believe 2.5 miles is a disappointment to you. I probably don't even drive 2.5 miles in a day, let alone run it. You should be proud.

Lacey said...

Beautiful! I would love to get a piano. Nate plays and I want him to practice...because I wished that I could play. Everything will work out! You dould always teach Kindergarten! Ha Ha

Carrie and Jeff said...

That's funny that you get nervous to go on spring break. You're cute. That was one of my favorite things. I'm jealous that you're getting a piano. I would love to have one--someday. Good luck with the job hunting. You're right--things will work out however they're supposed to.