Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Happy Things!

So I have a couple of great things to post.

1. Today Jeff had a chemical engineering senior award banquet. He received the highest honor--chemical engineering outstanding senior. He totally deserved it. What's even better is that he got $250!!! Go Jeff!

2. I had an interview for a third grade in Wyoming yesterday. (I didn't post anything because I had no idea what was going to happen and didn't know what my chances were). After an intense 2 hour interview I headed home getting lost only a few times. They said they still had a bunch of interviews this week and would get back to me next week. I felt good about it, but unlike most of the other teachers in the district, I didn't know anyone and didn't grow up there. Anyway, to make a long story short I got a call from human resources today. This is the gist of the conversation:

She was calling to tell me the district would like me to hold out and not take any other jobs because I was the "front runner" for the third grade position. The only thing they needed was an approval from the board and that I was going to get the job.

I asked her how high I should be getting my hopes up for this. She said, "I would go out and celebrate." Whoo hoo!! So as long as the board approves me, which shouldn't be a problem since I already have my WY teaching license, I should be set. I still don't want to get too excited since it's not totally official, but I am pretty elated! I would be so excited to teach third grade again and the school is on the same road as the house we bought. No more commuting!

8 comments:

jonna said...

yeah for beth. people don't tell you to "go celebrate" if they are not going to offer the job! way to go! and 3rd grade? that's great!

Megan C. said...

It's been a red letter day for the Hunzikers!

Laura T said...

Woo hoo!! That's great news! You were so good with the 3rd-graders at Pony Express, and they loved you so much, so now it's back to a grade that you're already familiar with. Sounds like the pieces are falling into place, that's awesome!

Lea Tame said...

Beth, that's awesome! Congrats and I hope you went out and celebrated big time with your $250!

Lindsey said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Yeah! I knew you would get a job up there. You are too good of a teacher to pass up. And the location! Could this job be anymore perfect for you?

Linsey said...

Congrats to both you and Jeff!
We would really like to see you guys before you move. Our schedule is completely open for the entire month of May (mostly because I am going to be a lean, mean, potty training machine!). So anytime you guys can do something just give me a call. Seriously, we are sooooo open!

Cindi said...

Congratulations. I'm so happy you have a job and can stop worrying. We are going to miss you so much!!!

The Peterson's said...

Everything is working out perfectly! That is wonderful!! Congrats to both of you!